Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Series wednesday: Timetopia Page 61

         I look around at all the ruins. Nothing was left, no cities or people. "How did you start over from this?" I ask looking around in horror. "We took all the children and very few teenagers. We started Timetopia with no adults, it was easier that way." Kora answers as if this was okay. "WOW! You guys just flat lined the world." Rev says as she looks around.  "Flat Lined?" I ask Rev. "It is what they call it when you die in a hospital bed. They say you’re flat lined." Rev smiles as if she just taught me something amazing. I realize that Kora has walked away from us. "Where is Kora?" I ask Rev and as the words leave my mouth Rev starts to look around. "She is gone!!!!! GREAT!" Rev and I look around and see her walking far ahead. Rev starts to run after her and I follow. Kora stops in front of a stone and drops to her knees in tears. "This is where she lays to rest." Kora can barely say over her tears. I look at Rev. "She is dead?" Rev says very confused. Kora looks back at us. "Yes she is dead. She passed away helping us make a better worlds." Kora says as she pulls her necklace out. I have seen this necklace in pictures of Kora, she is always wearing it. I can’t take my eyes off of the diamond heart locket. She keeps rubbing her necklace as if it will bring her sister back. She looks down at the ground. “Someone has been digging here.” Kora says as she points down. “What does that mean???”  Rev asks as she looks at the ground. "It means they got my sister’s locket and we are all screwed."  Kora says dramatically. "So they got her locket what's the big deal?" Rev asks.  Kora stands up and looks Rev right in the eyes.  Then she does something to her locket and a little silver piece is sticking out. "It’s a flash drive." Rev says.   I look at Rev and now even she has a panic look on her face.
                "I don't understand. What is a flash drive and why is it making both of you panic so badly?" I ask as both Rev and Kora who is pacing back and forth. "It is a primitive device used to save data. It was however one of the last devices made that wasn't uploaded or connected to anything else. It is a stand alone data holder with no back up." Kora explains.  Rev whips her head toward Kora so fast. "Primitive??? Are you kidding?"  Rev says sounding offended. "In the future Rev this technology is not used like it is in your time, it was hard to find and very costly. However we knew we could not use anything on the market at the time. Everything in the future is uploaded and watched by whatever government you live under and even some that you don't."  Kora says. "What is uploaded? Why wouldn't you want anyone to see what you were working on?" I ask Kora. "Well I keep the instructions of how to make the orbs. I kept all of our research for the orb and much more other stuff. My sister on the other hand, her specialty was poisons and ways to disperse them most effectively." As Kora talks I see the look on Revs face go from panicked to focused. "So someone has your sister’s flash drive that has deadly information on it is what you’re telling us?" Rev says. "Yes it is." Kora says. "Now I am going to ask something I know that I don't want to know the answer to but I have to ask. Are the other poisons on their worse than the Decider or is that one, well one of the worst?" I am not sure why Rev wouldn't want to know the answer to this. I think this is super important to know.  "The Decider is child’s play to some of the things my sister created. She always had a flair for the how to despiser the poisons as well." Kora responds not breaking eye contact with Rev. "Well I'm glad she is dead." Rev says heartlessly. "REV THAT WAS RUDE!" I tell her. She just shrugs at me. "My sister was not a bad person. We all did what we had to. You would not understand the world we were raised in." Kora is defending her sister.  Rev starts looking around. "Yeah I wouldn't understand anything about that. Do you see those trees in the distance?" Kora and I look at the trees that seem to have gotten closer somehow.  "Are they moving closer?" Kora asks. "Seems like it." Rev response handing me a gun out of her backpack. "I think it’s time for us to leave if trees are closing in on us. What do you think?" I ask "Someone stole that flash drive. Someone who can brain wash people and make trees move. So I think leaving is a great idea, but that's just me." Rev says as she keeps her eyes on the trees.  I have the gun in hand not really sure where to aim it. "Your right whoever is doing this has done a lot already. We shouldn't stick around and let them ruin our plans." Rev and I look at Kora when she says that. Does this mean she still wants us to destroy Timetopia? Kora pulls out the orb and opens a hole for us to go back. Rev runs through first and I follow. I am afraid of what else is on that flash drive. I wonder if Kora has a plan for that as well. I know she is my mom but there is so much about her I don't know or if I even trust her. But seeing how broken up she was over someone digging up her sister makes me feel like maybe I should give her more of a chance. I just have questions that need answers at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment