Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page: 59

   I look at Rev and West who are arguing about what to do with the orb. I can’t stop looking at future West tapping on his chains. It is starting to drive me crazy.  So I walk over to him and look at his chains. He reaches out and touches me I step back and he goes right back to tapping. His chains look like the ones in Timetopia. They have the locks that come undone with my blood. I give my hand a small cut and put it on the lock and wait for it to unlock but nothing happens.  They must use someone else’s blood. Future West is reaching out to me again but this time he looks at me with the saddest eyes. I grab his hand to comfort him. He turns his arm over, I don’t understand. I look at his arm but he has sleeves on so I pull his sleeves up. Maybe he is uncomfortable in his chain. I look down after rolling up his sleeve he has cuts on his arm. I look at him and he looks at me. Could it be that his own blood unlocks his chains. That would be risky. I cut him with my pocket knife. “What are you doing?” West yells at me. “I am seeing if his blood unlocks his chains.”  I reply as I put his blood on the locks and they unlock. “Why are you trying to set the brain wash zombie free?” Rev asks me. When the chains come off I hear a loud alarm. “It’s lighting up.” West yells I turn and look back at him the beam is starting to come out of the orb again. “It’s going to get all of us and brain wash us if we don’t leave.” Rev yells as she runs over to me and grabs me. I pull out my orb as West drops the one with the beam coming out. Rev grabs us as I drop my orb to through us threw the orb back to the past.
                I wake up on the floor with my orb in my hand. I start to look around and I am in my house. "Ava?" I hear as I open my eyes. I see my mom. "Mom, how did you get back to the house?" My mom looks around nervously. "Sweetie I am not sure what you're talking about." I start to really look at her. She is much younger. I sit up and see Rev and West both still sleeping. "How old am I here?" I ask my mom.  "Your 6," my mom answers. This explains her tone when she first saw me. I start to wonder why I threw us back here. Or even what day it is. "What is today?  Is it a special day?" I ask my mom.  "No today is not anything special. You are sick which is highly unusual but they say it is growing pains." I look at my mom. I don't ever really remember getting sick as a kid. "Where am I? I mean little me from this time." She points to my room. I get up and walk over to my room to see my dad lying in bed with me holding me as I slept. I do remember this day. Both of my parents stayed in bed with me all day. We played games in bed. No one and nothing else mattered that day.  This was a day I felt safe and happy. I just forgot I had been sick. This must have been why I sent us here, to a safe place. "Ava are you okay? How did you get here?" My mom whispers behind me. "I am Kora's daughter I used her time machine." I can hear my mother gasp at my words. I turn around I need to get Rev and West out of here. I start to shake Rev. She opens her eyes and looks at me. "This isn't West's house." I look behind me at my mother. Rev looks at my mother and her eyes widen. "Oh that's where we are. You got to get us out of here before he wakes up." I nodded yes. I turn to my mom and give her a hug. I can’t say a word and she doesn't say anything either. I squat next to West and drop the orb making an opening on the floor. We push West through and follow right behind him.
                We are back at West's house. We are all drinking chocolate almond milk. "So are you going to give me your orb?" I ask West. "Yes I have no problem with giving it up if that’s my future with it." West says. "Well that's good now we don't have to kill you. Although killing you still sounds like a super good idea. I mean it will be better than there ever being a possibility of becoming a brain washed zombie." Rev says as she sips her milk. "There are just so many unanswered questions. Like who turned my orb on me. Who is the real master mind behind the future? I would also like to know how they got the recipe for the Decider. Oh and I am not ignoring your comment Rev we just both know you can't kill me so why pretend." West laughs. Something he said just caught my attention. "What do you mean the recipe for the Decider?"  I ask him. “Well the Decider is a poison it’s made up of a bunch of different elements. They have to mix it together a certain way to get the poison just right.” West explains to me. “So who would have that information?” I ask West. He shrugs. “I am not sure it was from my country. I think it was from Kora’s or Lilly’s. No wait Lilly's was bombing. It had to be from Kora's. Maybe that's why they killed her in the future for the recipe. Otherwise she would have just been brain washed with the rest of us.”  West says. He makes a good point but who does kill her in the future? "Why kill Erick then?" Rev says West looks at her. "I forgot about him. He wasn't in the future either. That's strange especially since making poisons and studying the way they affect the brain was his specialty, plus the fact that he is the only one of us who has ever survived the poison." I look at West. Erick is the nicest person I had ever met.  "What how did he get poisoned with it?" I ask. "Well his country was the one under attack from Kora's country. Erick was one of the survivors who was put on the task of ridding their lands from all the bombs and poisons that were left in the soil after all the wars. That's how he met his wife. She was a survivor to. Too bad about their kids." West must be talking about the night they were bombed. "Well they were born during war. He should have expected them to get bombed." Rev says. The way she says it is not her normal I don't care attitude this was something different. "They didn't die in the Great Ending." West says a little confused. Rev looks at me. "What is the Great Ending?" I ask. "It was when all the bombs fell on what was left of the world and they gathered only the smartest from each country to survive. They started calling it The Great Ending. But Erick's kids didn't die then. They died along with all the kids that were poisoned. They didn't survivor The Decider like their parents. They were killed in school with all the other kids. Erick went crazy after that. It was one of the reasons I didn't want to work with him. How can you work with a man who slit his own wife's throat?"  West words hit my ears like a brick. "HE DID WHAT!?" Rev and I say at the same time. We both look in shock. “Yeah he went crazy. I guess his daughters were not supposed to be in school. His wife was supposed to be home schooling them. He knew something like this was going to happen, so when it did he was angry. When he went to trial he said he didn’t remember killing her. Just coming home and being angry.” I can’t believe what I am hearing.

1 comment: