Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family game night Page 45

What game is he playing? I pull Grace to the side. “I don’t know what to do here,” I tell her. “You go find what room Percy is in, so once we have the key we know what door we are opening.”  Grace tells me. “DO NOT kill anyone while I am gone.” I tell Grace. She smiles at me. “Can’t make any promises,” she says as I walk away from her. I start to wonder around the warehouse. I don’t see any rooms where he could be. This place is much bigger than it looks.  I am not sure what to do. I can’t yell for Percy because my older brother might hear me. I wish we knew his name. I hear screaming from back where I left Grace. I turn around and run back to see what’s going on. I hope she hasn’t killed anyone.
                I run up to see a guy with an arrow through him. “Whoa.” I say as I look at Grace. “There was a note attached to the arrow. She has the bloody note in her hand. She hands it to me just looking at the dead man lying on the floor. The arrow went right through his heart. The housekeeper is the one who screamed I see as she is still standing there with her mouth open. I look at the note in my hands. “The deal was not for anyone to go off on their own. Find the key that is your job. Anyone tries to leave again, and they get an arrow through the head and you might never find the key to Percy‘s door. Let’s hope he has enough food not to starve.” Great now he is threating Percy’s life. I look at Grace as more of the tied up are being untied. “NO ONE LEAVE THIS AREA!” I yell out as I point at the guy with the arrow in his chest. That is when I notice her, a little girl she can’t be much older than 6 or 7. I grab a sheet and cover the guy so she won’t see him. I hand the note to Grace and walk over to the little girl. “Hi sweetie.” she looks up at me. She doesn’t say anything she just looks around. “Sweetie are your parents in this room?” I ask her. She looks at all the people untied and getting untied. “No, I don’t see them.” She says in the smallest voice. “What is your name sweetie?” I ask her. “Hope” she says. I just look at her. Her name is Hope like my mom. Did he take her because he knows her or because she has my mom’s name? I wish we had a little more directions. Hope isn’t crying she is just standing here, she must be so scared. I put my arms out for me to pick her up. She comes to me and I take her back to where Grace is standing looking at everyone.
                “Who is the little girl?” Grace asks as I walk up with her. “Her name is Hope.” I tell Grace. “She looks just like Percy when he was little. Don’t you think?” Grace says as she stares at her. “All little kids look alike to you. Her parents aren’t in the group.” I tell Grace. I think he looks just like Percy to, but I don’t need Grace getting any kind of ideas. “Why are we here?” The hair dresser asks. “Not sure but the guy who put us all here gave one of you a key. That key is needed for you to get out of here and for us to get our baby brother back.” Grace says. I look at the four metal beams we all seem to be stuck in between, there are white shear sheet hanging down from the top of them. It would almost be pretty if we weren’t all being threatened with an arrow in the back. I look at Hope who has her head on my shoulder. “F that! He can’t get us all if we all walk out at the same time,” says a buff guy in the back. “I have seen this movie and let me tell you how your plan works. You die. But be my guest and walk away.” Grace says to him. “We should just find the key” Sara says. Everyone looks around.  “Does anyone have a key?” Grace asks. Slowly everyone is checking their pockets and shaking their heads no one right after the other. “The letter says someone has a key and we have to talk to you to find out who does. Please just make this easy and give us the key so we can all get home” Grace says. Sara keeps holding her side. I start to look and everyone seems to be holding some part of them. “Sara are you okay?” I ask her. “Yea my side is just burning like I have a cut. It is probably from whoever put me here they most likely were not very careful tying me up or something” Sara says. I look at her. “Let me see your side maybe I can help.” I put Hope down. “Wait right here for me.” Hope just nods yes. I walk over to Sara who is lifting her sweater and untucking her shirt. She lifts it up. “Do you see a cut?” She asks me. I look at her side and it isn’t a cut I see. I see stiches, fresh ones. “Grace come here!”  Grace comes walking over. “What is it?” she asks as she walks over. She just stops when she sees the stiches. “Oh, this is not good” she says to me.  We look back and everyone is noticing they have fresh stiches. “I hate him!” Grace says to me. I nod in agreement, not sure what we do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment