Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 47

                The Vet Tech is slowly cutting people’s stitches and trying to see who has the key. Laura doesn’t have the key in her and Sara offered to go next. Grace is sure that Mario has the key in him. I am not so sure, to me it seems too obvious. I sit with little Hope and try to keep her from watching the others get cut open. “How are you feeling?” I ask her. “I miss my mommy.” I feel sad for her. “Can you tell me about your mother?”  She looks down. “I don’t know much about my mother. I was adopted and I only have a dad” she explains. “What is your father like?” She smiles at my question.  “He is very smart and clean. He works and travels a lot but he is very sweet to me. I have a full time nanny but she isn’t as much fun as my dad” Hope says. “Hope how did you get here?” I ask her. “I am not allowed to say.”
                I walk over to Grace and pull her away from the people. “Whoa, what is the problem here” she asks me. “I think Hope is his adopted daughter and I think she has the key” I tell Grace. “What are you sure??” She asks. “No I am not sure but I have a feeling” I tell Grace. “So what should we do? Should we scare the key out of her?” Grace says looking at little Hope. “NO! I think she has orders. Like she can’t give us the key until we figure things out. This is all a game remember. So he probably wants us to play, not just cut people open and get our answers that way.” Grace shakes her head at me. “Fine how do we play?”  I look at her. “Maybe I can work on little Hope. We can’t let him know we have caught on to her being his adopted daughter. Well that’s if she is. I really think she is however.” Grace just looks at me. “Little Hope?” Grace asks. “Yes I have decided to call her little Hope so you don’t get her mixed up with my mom Hope” I explain. “Fine doesn’t matter what we call her. If she has the key we need to get it from her. You’re saying to play the game but we don’t even know what the game is or how it works. Just tell me if I keep cutting people open or not” Grace says. “Yes keep cutting but I need you to talk to the people to see if we can get some more information out of them. That is the game” I tell Grace. We both nod and go our separate ways.
                I sit with little Hope and think of a way to try to make her give me the key or tell me who left her here. “How are you holding up?”  I ask her. “I am okay, just miss my home” she says. “I miss my baby brother. That’s why it is so important to find the key we are looking for” I tell little Hope. “Why do you need the key to see your brother?” She asks me. “Because an evil man took him from us. He is the one who put us all here, he has my brother Percy locked up here somewhere.” I let a tear fall down my cheek. Little Hope whips my face but doesn’t say a word.
                A lady screams out in pain. “Stop being a baby!” Grace says. I look over and Grace is cutting the lady’s stitches. “Why do you think you’re here?” Grace asks her. “Not sure I make blankets and sale them online. I am not sure why I would be here?”  Grace looks at me super confused. “You make blankets to sale online. Do you have an online store?” Grace asks her. I can’t help but over hear.  I don’t get why these people are here? I just don’t understand what a woman who sells blankets online has to do with this. The fake ID maker and the hairdresser I can kind of understand, but her I am not sure.  All of this makes no sense. I look back at little Hope. “Percy wasn’t taken by an evil man he is okay I promise.” Little Hope tells me. How does she know this?

No comments:

Post a Comment