Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 46


Everyone is freaking out. “Hope do you have any cuts on your body?” I ask her. I don’t want to touch her with out her permission to check. She starts to feel her body and nods no. “Okay sweetie.” I smile at her trying to make her feel safe. I can’t imagine being that young and feeling like that. “Cahira can I have a second?” Grace says, I rub Hope’s shoulder and get up to go to Grace. “What’s up?” I ask her. “Really what’s up? Well we have to cut these people open to figure out who has the key in them. That’s what’s up.”  Grace says as she pulls a to go surgical kit out of her bag. “You really just carry that around with you?” I ask her. “Yes, as should you. You never know when situation like this will arise.” Grace says like she is some kind of girl scout. “Why would we ever be in situations like this? I mean really? This is all happening because you, mother and dad are sick in the head.” I tell her, I don’t mean to sound as sassy as I do. “No, we are in this situation because dad’s high school sweet heart decided not to terminate her pregnancy. Instead she gave up the baby, who grew up to be a man that we now have to deal with. That is why all of this is happening.”  Grace says with a smirk. She loves to be right and isn’t afraid to show it. “Grace you might want to cover your face.” I tell grace. She looks at me confused. “What?” Grace says. “Your horns are showing.” I tell her and laugh. “Oh you’re so funny.” Grace says.
                “We should figure out a way to get this key.” Grace says to me. “Well I’m all ears.” I tell her. She walks into the middle of everyone and starts waving her arms to get their attention. I pick up little Hope and walk over. “Who here is a doctor or a nurse?” Grace says. Everyone looks around to see if any one raises their hand, but no one does. “So no one here can help with the cutting of your stiches and finding this key.” Grace says. “I was a vet tech.” said one of the guys in back. “Your name?” I ask. “My name is Michael.” He says. “Why do we have to listen to these two? You are just little girls.” Says the FBI’s most wanted. He steps in Grace’s face. She smiles and stabs him in the leg. “I just cut one of your major artery. Do you know what that means? Its means you’re bleeding out.” The guy falls to the floor and is trying to cover up the cut, like it going to save him. Grace circles around him and slits his throat. “That’s who we are.” She whispers to him. As he falls over, Grace lifts his shirt and cuts his stiches open. “No Key.” She says as she looks up at me.
                I look up at everyone looks super confused. Some but not most look scared. “So, any one got questions?” Grace asks. I pull a sheet over him. “Now back to you vet tech. Do you think you can check everyone for the key without hurting them?” Grace says to Michael. He steps forward and looks at Grace. “Yea I should be able to.”  Michael says. I notice a woman steps forward from the back. “Your related to Daniel, aren’t you?” She asks Grace. “Who is Daniel?” I ask her. “He was my high school sweet heart. That was the last time I say someone get killed in front of me and seen the murder with that look in their eyes.” Grace and I look at each other and back at her. “What’s your name?” I ask her. She looks scared. “I would rather not say.” She tells us. “Her name is Laura.” Says a guy behind her. “And how do you know that?” Grace says him. “I went to high school with them.” He says. “That what your going to say? You went to high school with us!” She now seems mad at the guy talking. “Okay so we know her name, now can you tell us yours.” I ask him.  “Mario. My name is Mario.” He says. “What does she mean when she said that was all you were going to say.” Grace asks him. “I mean that he was Daniels other half. We were both in a relationship with Daniel.” Laura says.  I step back and whisper in Graces ear. “So is he gay or straight?” I ask. “So Daniel was dating him behind your back?” Grace asks. “No, we always knew about each other. It was a well-known thing.” Mario says. “When was the last time you saw Daniel?” I ask them. “Graduation.” Laura says. “That was the day he broke up with us. He said it was fun well it lasted but he had to go on.” Mario said. “We were all going to different colleges, so we all agreed.” Laura said. “This is just weird.” Grace says. “It was their relationship, don’t judge.” I tell her. “Fine what ever, no judgement but I am going to have to cut you open. I am pretty sure one of you has the key.” Grace holds up her knife. Both step back in fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment