Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night page 67

“Why!?” I scream at him. “Like I said she is not going to be a part of my family.”  Daniel is standing there so proud of himself. This smug asshole thinks he won. Hope is looking down at her side where he shot her. “Just a flesh wound.” She whispers to me. Blood is pouring out of her side and her shirt is slowly soaking up the blood. I can’t let him win! I need Hope to get out of here so she can get help. How am I going to convince Daniel to let her go? I need to come up with a plan fast.
                How am I going to get us safely off this roof? I look around and Daniel is standing between us and the fire escape. We can’t run back the way we came, Daniel could shoot Hope again if we try. I feel so helpless. I have never felt like this but I wish my mother was here. My mother Rose would know exactly what to do. I take a deep breath. “Why don’t you put that gun down!” I hear Enrique’s voice. I see him come up the fire escape with a gun pointed at Daniel. I can’t help but smile. Enrique smiles at me and I start to tear up knowing that this is all over.
                “It’s over Daniel. Give him the gun.” I say as I look at Enrique. “You really think I am that easy to beat? That I can just be taken out like that.” Daniel says back to me, I look at Daniel’s face and he is smirking. He turns around and shoots Enrique. I stop breathing and run toward Daniel. I push Daniel off the roof. We both fly off the building. All I can hear as we hurtle to the ground is Hope scream my name. They say your life flashes before your eye when you know you’re going to die. I don’t see my life I just see my sister’s and brother’s face. Not their face now but when they were just little kids. I feel the love I felt for them all my life. I know once I hit the ground I might never see them again. This fall feels like it is taking a hundred years, I feel as if time has somehow stopped.  I slowly feel my head hit the ground and I can feel the impact of the fall crack my skull. Is this it, is this the end? If it is I hope I killed Daniel along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment