Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 70

    “I wasn’t around when Percy died. I had to keep my distance so Frankie wouldn’t figure out you are my daughter. We thought you had killed Daniel. Your parents had gone back to their normal lives. Daniel got Percy at a school dance. He gutted Percy bleeding him dry. He left pieces of Percy all over the dance floor for the other kids to find.”  Hope reaches out to me but I look out the window and I see snow. “Where am I?” I ask her since it doesn’t snow where I am from. “We had to move you around a few time. We found out Daniel was visiting you after he killed Percy and we didn’t want to risk him killing you to.” I look back at Hope. “I know he was visiting me I could hear him in my sleep. Where is Grace?”  I ask. “She like your parents are on their way here.” I nod my head and lay back down.
                I must have dosed off, I look around and its night time. I look around my room to see no Hope. She must of left. I really don’t want to be here. I start to pull off the heart monitors and the machine starts making the most annoying beeping noise. I look at it and all of the buttons on it.  A nurse comes running in and looks at me. “You can’t just pull your monitors off it makes us think your dead.” She is scolding me. I do not care for her tone. I look and she is wearing scrubs with pockets. I see a pair of scissors in her left pocket. “I don’t want to be here anymore. I wish to go find my family.” I tell her. “You cannot just leave because you feel like it. You have been in a coma for 5 years. You need to stay here until the doctor tells you that you can leave.” She is scolding me again. “I do not like your tone.” I tell her. She looks at me and I see her grab a shot out of her other pocket. “That would be a mistake.” I tell her as I grab the scissor out of her pocket and stab her in the throat. I feel a pinch in my side. She got me with the shot.
                I stand over her body. She isn’t dead yet she is choking on her own blood. “Like I said I didn’t care for your tone. No one tells me what to do.” She looks at me as she fights for her last breath. I feel my legs getting weak. I am not sure what was in the shot but I feel myself going down. I hit the floor hard. I can hear other nurses screaming as they come in. The scream is the last sound I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment