Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game night Page 69


     My room is full of nurses trying to calm me down. I see one step off to the side and call someone on her cell phone. I read her lips. “She has awoken.” The nurse says. I feel a pinch in my arm and look at the nurse giving me a shot. “Percy!” Is all I can get out before I gently fall back to sleep. “Cahira.” I hear, I open my eyes. I look to see a doctor at the foot of my bed. I look him up and down. “Glad to see you with us.” The doctor says to me. “Where is my brother Percy?” I ask the doctor.  “Cahira you were involved in a horrible accident. You have been in a coma.”  I start to sit up. “How long was I out for this time?” I ask the Doctor. “Far too long.” Hope says as she walks through the door. “MOM!” Is all I can say as she floats on in?
                “That will be all doctor I will take it from here.” Hope says as she sends the doctor away. “I could hear you in my sleep.” I tell her, she smiles at me. “I was hoping you might say that.” Hope sits next to me on my bed. “I need to talk to you about a few things.” Hope says as she touches my face. Her touch feels different; it doesn’t have the same warm feeling in my stomach as before. “Where is Percy? Daniel is going to go after him.” I tell Hope.  Hope kisses me on the forehead. Her kiss feels hollow like she is about to tell me something I don’t want to hear. As she kisses my forehead she is holding the back of my head. I don’t feel any pain. I start to touch my head and I don’t feel any stitches not ever a scar.  “How long was I out for?” I ask her.
                “You were in a coma for 5 years.” Hope says in a soft voice. “5 years!” I just sit here. “Wait where is Percy? You never answered me.”  I ask Hope. “I was going to wait until everyone got here but I guess I’ll tell you. Percy is dead, Daniel killed him.” Hope is trying to hug me. “When? I just heard Percy’s voice.” I pull back from her. “Percy hasn’t seen you in 3 years. He was killed about 2 years ago.”  I just stare at Hope. “You need to tell me how this happened, every detail.”

No comments:

Post a Comment