Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 26

                I start to open my eyes. I am trying to move around but I can’t. I seem to be chained to a chair. I am in a room with no windows, all I see is a door. Where is Rev? I see a camera in the corner of the room watching me. The last thing I remember is the ball with smoke coming out of it. I hope Rev isn’t hurt. I hear the door knob turning. “Hello Ava.” It’s the man from Ron’s room, the manager who shot him. I start trying to wiggle out of my chains, “I wouldn’t bother trying to get out. They are smart chains built by The Five themselves. Only I have the key card to open them.” I stop moving and just look at him. I can tell he wants something from me. “Ava, Ava, Ava… Seems like you have been a model Timetopian up until this point. What happened? Why did you start breaking the rules with Rev?” I look at the papers he’s holding in his hand. That must be information on me. I look up at the Camera and do what James said to do if I needed him. “Double O7” I say looking at the camera, and the manager looks at me strange for a bit. “What did you just say?” I look right into the camera again. “Double O7!” I say louder. The light on the camera goes from red to green and now it has shifted to the manager and off of me. James must be watching.  “What? Is that some kind of threat?” I shake my head no. “Ava I am just trying to help you. If Rev kidnapped you, this is the time to speak up. She can’t hurt you anymore.” I look down at my chains and I can see where you put the key card in to unlock them. I can’t help but stare. “If you don’t talk to me Ava, I can’t help you. You can look at those chains all day. Nothing you can do will open them, just my key card that I have in my pocket. If you talk to me, I’ll let you out of those chains.” I never  heard much lying growing up or at least that is what I thought I hadn’t but I know he is lying to me. I don’t think I am ever getting out of here with this man’s help. But then a loud alarm goes off. “Everyone to room 5, she has injured her keeper.” A loud voice says out of the alarm. Rev must be awake now. “I’ll be right back.”  The man leaves the room. I start to wiggle again. My arm is burning. I look and see that I am bleeding. I must have gotten cut when the car flipped. My blood! That could be exactly what I need. Rev said that thing about the Nano bites. I wonder if it will work on my chain’s cuffs.  It worked on my mom’s cuffs. The more I wiggle the more I bleed. My blood isn’t far enough down my arm yet and I can’t reach it. I just need to keep wiggling. The alarm is still going. They must not have Rev under control. I wiggle as much as I can, and I can finally see the blood seeping down my arm. My hand feels wet, I rub my blood where the key card should go. I hear a click noise and I am free.

                I jump out of my chair, okay Ava time to come up with a plan.  I wipe my blood off of the cuffs. I don’t want who ever has me to know what my blood can do. The camera’s light is off, so I know it’s not recording but why? I need to get passed this door. If I can get to the control room, then I can get me and Rev out. I walk over to the door panel and put my blood on it. The door opens. I wipe my blood off and peak out. Right away I know where I am. I’m in a wellness center in the basement where they hold the injured or troublemakers.  Everyone is running to room 5. Rev must be taking them all on. I hope she doesn’t get hurt. I just need to get to a control room… I see a restroom a little down the hall way. I need to clean up or they will spot me right away. The hall way seems clear so I run to the restroom. I make it in, I walk up to the mirror I am covered in blood and dirt. I see the showers. I need to wash off. I take a fast shower and bandage my cuts. I see the white coats everyone’s been wearing on a hook next to the shower, so I put one on over my clothes. I start to head back into the hall way to find the control room. The alarm has stopped, so they must have gotten Rev to stop. They are going to notice soon that I am not in my room. I look around and no control room. I am running out of time. I need to think. Last time I was in a wellness center the control room was on top and I’m in the basement. I need to go up. I walk down the hall and see the staircase. I touch one of my cuts and put a little blood on the panel. The door opens and I start to head up the stairs when I hear the man who killed Ron’s voice from above me. There are stairs going down so I go down and hide under the staircase. “Do you think Ava is okay? Or do you think the crash made her disoriented?” Says a voice that sounds familiar but I can’t place it.  “She wouldn’t say a word when I was in with her. She seemed a little disoriented to me.” Ron’s killer says. “Well if the hounds wouldn’t have smashed in to her car, maybe she would be just fine. We need to figure out who is helping her and why? What is so special about her? Rev wouldn’t just protect anyone. We are missing something. Have you done any tests on her blood work?” The first man’s voice I know it… but from where? This is going to bother me. “No sir. We haven’t had the time, they both just got here. We were going to do blood work on Rev when she woke up and stabbed her doctor and the wellness checker in her room. We got control of the situation and put her to sleep for the time being.” Rev is asleep. Well this explains what happened. They can’t do blood work on me.  I look and see a door. There’s a floor under the basement? How is that even possible? I hear them open the basement door and go to that floor. I walk out from under the stairs to the panel on the door. I open the door and it’s a whole floor full of boxes in cages all lit up. There is a sign that says server room. I hope this will help me save Rev.

No comments:

Post a Comment