Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 28

                Everyone is completely still.  No one is breathing. Rev just shot Charles. I am standing here looking at her. No one is shooting at us, I don’t think they know what to do. Charles coughs and stands back up. “Aww Revolution you must still love me. You shot the vest. Now is that any way to say hi to your husband?” HUSBAND?! Charles is Richard? How is that possible? “I didn’t think you would have bullet proof vests here. Trust me, if I would have known I would of shot you in the head.”  Charles smiles. “I did always love your spirit.” Rev points her gun at Charles. “Shut up Richard! You don’t know how to love anyone other than your big headed self.”  I don’t think anyone in the room has started breathing yet. We are all still frozen.  “Is that what you have convinced yourself? You knew I loved you Rev but you didn’t want to help me and I was going to die.” Rev puts her gun down. “You didn’t have to kill her! You did that because you were a monster. Look at this place of oppression you created. You have no soul!” Charles or Richard I’m not even sure what to call him is laughing. “Rev I created a world with no foster homes or druggie parents. I created utopia.”  I hear metal hit the floor. There is a bunch of little metal balls rolling toward us. OH NO here comes the smoke. The vent above us drops out. Someone has put something on my face. I can’t breath and everyone is falling asleep. I turn around and its James, he has a weird thing on his face too. He waves for us to follow him. Rev doesn’t follow James, instead she walks over to Charles. She puts the gun to his head, he isn’t fully asleep yet, and he hands her the paper he had in his hand. “Burn in Hell Richard.” She says to him, James grabs her and starts pulling her to the stairs so we can make it out. She is fighting James. The smoke will make her go to sleep like everyone else. So I pull her mask off. She turns and looks at me, she looks mad. She starts to fall asleep like everyone else. James throws her over his shoulder and we head out.  We walk up the stair case and it seems like James put everyone in the building to sleep. There is a van outside and James points for me to get in.

                Rev finally wakes up. We are almost to the next city. “What the hell did you do?! I had my chance!” She is screaming at me. “I don’t think you really wanted to kill him. Plus we needed to get out of there Rev.” Rev looks furious at me. “Pull the van over!” she screams at James. “No we need to keep moving.” James tells her. All I hear is a pop and glass shatter. She just shot out the windshield. “I said pull over!” James pulls over and Rev gets out of the van.  I run after her. “Stop!” I yell. “NO AVA! This was what I came for! I came here to kill him! You stopped that. You can’t understand how I feel.” Rev is still yelling but I don’t think its anger. “Rev, he is your husband. I don’t think killing him is the answer. Please tell me what happened, the whole story. Not just pieces so I can understand what you feel.” She hands me the paper, it’s a photo of them together. After handing it to me she just screams into the air. “Fine you want to know the whole detailed story?” I sit on the floor and look at the photo of a happy Rev. She looks in love. “Yes.” She starts pacing back and forth. “Where do I begin? Okay let’s start with me.  I was born a drug baby. Which means my mom did drugs when she was pregnant with me. But I wasn’t sick like other drug baby’s, the doctors said it was like my body fought the drugs. Like I was stronger or something. Not that it mattered because my loser junkie mom sold me I think. I still don’t really know because I was found on a city bus. I was just a baby and someone left me for hours on a bus. No one noticed me, all tucked under a seat until I started crying. So they took me to the hospital. The closest one just happens to be run by a church, so they gave me to that church where the nuns raised me. One nun, my mom, adopted me. She took me in and she named me Revolution. She said that I had fought the drugs and fought to stay alive, and that I was so strong that one day I would change things. She said that I would ignite a revolution.  Richard on the other hand wasn’t as lucky as me. He was born into a good loving family until his dad passed away and his mom got hooked on drugs. She overdosed. He found her after school when he was 6 years old. That’s when he went into the foster care system. We met when we were teens. Both lost and confused, we didn’t really have anyone but each other. What my mom did was unheard of and I grew up in a church with nuns. It’s not easy being a kid like me. I was always in trouble for being curious. I thought no one in the world was like me. That was until I met Richard. Once we found each other, nothing could tear us apart. My mom didn’t like him but I didn’t care. I loved him. We got married at 16 and lived on our own. We had many happily married years when he found out he had cancer.” She stops to take a breath. But if Richard and Charles are the same person… I know this part of the story from the history books. “He was cryogenically frozen in your time and woken up when they found a cure for cancer. That’s how he ended up in the future where the rest of The Five were.” She laughs at me finishing her story. “Yes he was and that’s correct. But what you don’t know is what he had to do to get on cryogenically frozen. He had to sell our country secrets that I had been collecting. I stole the secrets just in case the higher power decided I knew too much and wanted to kill me. It was like an insurance plan. I hid them in the church where I grew up.  Richard knew that and so he went to the church and killed the nuns… my mom included. Just to get the secrets. When he sold them, the CIA found out it was me the secrets had come from. And well you know the rest.” Although I don’t understand most of Rev’s story. I understand that Richard/Charles killed her mom to save himself. 

1 comment: