Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 34

“What does all of this have to do with you having me?” She just keeps looking at the photo album. “You might not see it right now… but it has everything to do with you. Timetopia was supposed to be an endless utopia. Somehow it seems to be the start to something much worse……” She stops talking and has a concerned look on her face. “How does it get worse?” She stops. “That’s something I would need to show you.” She stands up and goes to grab something. Maybe another photo album? She walks back with the orb. “We would need to go to the future for me to answer that.”  She tries to hand me the orb. I get up off the table. I am not touching that thing. “Why are you trying to give me that thing?”  She laughs as she walks towards me. “It’s the time machine.” I look at the crystal orb in her hand. I am in disbelief that that is the time machine.  “Don’t be afraid. There are just some things in life that you have to see for yourself to believe and this is one of them.” I shake my head. “I have been taught my whole life to trust what I am told. I don’t have to see things to believe. Plus, I thought only the Five can use the time machines.” She smiles and hands me the orb. “This is why we made the laws to not have children. You see you can use any of our technology because you are my daughter. Any of our offspring would be able to use our technology.” I wonder if she has those nano bites in her blood and passed it on to me.  “Is it the nano bites?” She has a confused look on her face. “Nano bites?? Rev tell you that?”  I nod yes. “She said that it’s most likely why my blood unlocks doors.” She is shaking her head. “No, although we do use nano bites in the all of you. Its DNA. You’re my DNA so you can use anything the Five can.” DNA?? “DNA? What is that?” She sits back down. “Right… we didn’t teach you guys DNA so that way you could never use it against us.  But the short version is that every person is made up of DNA. It gets past down from your parents to you.”  She stands back up and tries to hand me the orb again. I take the orb.
                The orb pricks my hand and the orb lights up. I look down at it and I see my mom holding me as a little girl.  “Don’t look too deep or it will take you there.” I look at Kora. “I don’t understand. Why do you want me to use it? Why don’t you just show me what you think I need to see?”  She pauses. She stays so still like she is frozen. “You will need to know how. But we can get into all that later.” She puts her hand under mine. She looks into the orb. I see her holding me as a baby. She is crying as she holds me. I am getting the feeling like she really didn’t want to give me up. I let go of the orb. “NO!” she yells. I feel like am falling. I hit some kind of floor. I look up and Kora is in front of me with baby me. Somehow I came back here. “Who are you?” She pulls a gun on me. I can’t move out of fear. “I said who are you!?” she yells now.  I point at the baby. “That’s who I am.” Is all I can seem to get out. She looks down at me in her arms and back at me. She puts the gun down.  She puts me in a crib. “How did you get here?” I look around not really sure where here is. “I am not sure. You were trying to teach me how to use the orb and well when you touched me this popped up in the orb. Next thing I knew I was falling.”  She helps me up. “I didn’t grab you before you fell. Okay. How do you feel?” I stand up and the need to throw up is becoming overwhelming.  She points at the bathroom and I run over to it.

                I start to feel much better. I walk back out and there she is standing over what is my crib I guess. I’m not very sure how all of this works. She is crying still. “Why are you crying?” I ask her, she looks up at me. “I have no choice but to give her up. I mean you, I have to give you up. Or they will kill you. Not erase you, they will murder you to teach me a lesson. I didn’t think I would feel this way. I knew I was going to have to give you up until it was time. That’s what the others do.”  I had no idea. She seems so torn up.  She seems to really love me.  I look down and I’m already 6 months old. She kept me for a bit. This must be why there are no baby pictures of me.  I want to hug her but I don’t know if that would help. “How do you know they will kill me? Maybe if they see how much you love me they will let me live.”  She shakes her head. “No they won’t. You’re not the first baby to be born to one of us, but we all made a deal I didn’t keep. For a good reason, but I didn’t keep it.”  They must’ve killed a child. “Who was the baby?” she walks away from my crib and walks out of the room, so I follow her. “West had a baby one of his years. We couldn’t risk his child using our technology or changing things, so we voted and the child was killed. We decided not to erase the child because it was decided for all of us that we needed to feel the pain if we for some stupid reason we decided to have kids. We would know that our child would be murdered.” She grabs her orb. “Then why have me?”  The orb is lighting up. “Look I’m sending you back. I get that you have a lot of questions, but I just want to spend time with my baby before I have to give her up. The me who sent you here can deal with those questions” The orb lights up and I feel like I am falling again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment