Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 35

                 I wake up in a bed. I can’t believe she just sent me back like that. “I’m sorry I did that. I just couldn’t handle it that day. That was the saddest day of my life, seeing you hurt me more then you understand... seeing how much of your life I missed.”  She walks farther into the room. I sit up.  “Are you going to tell me why you had me if you knew they would kill me? You keep saying you had a reason but you’re not telling me anything.” I make eye contact with her. “I told you we would need to go to the future for that. You would need to see something for yourself before understanding my choices.”  She just keeps saying that. “Well then when are we going to the future?”  She walks out of the room. I get up and follow her.  “You want to go dressed like that?” I look down at my pajamas. I turn around and walk to the room and grab my dress to change into. I run back out. “I want you to use the time machine. You’re going to need to learn how to use it.”  She hands me the orb.  “I am not going with out Rev.” She smiles. “Okay ill go get her.”
                We all stand in a circle. “This isn’t hard, when the orb lights up think of 500 years from now. After you start to feel like you’re going to fall, step back. Okay?” I nod yes and look at Rev. “You got this. I am right here.” Rev says.  I look down at the orb as it lights up. I start to get the falling feeling and I drop it on the floor and step back. “Good, now we just walk through the light.” Kora says as she walks over to the orb. Rev follows right behind her, then I follow.  As I’m walking through, I see Kora reach her hand in past me and grab the orb. I look around and this isn’t the Timetopia I know. There is some kind of castle in the middle and all the houses are facing it. “Where are we?” I ask. “We are in a kingdom it seems.” Rev says as she looks around. “If you play god long enough, you start to lose sight of ones humanity. You start to long for the worship of others, but only the truly sinister controls their people with fear.”  Kora says. Here is that talk of god again. But this time it sounds different. “So is that what happened here?” I ask her. “That’s what always happens.” Rev says. “We need to go into the city for you to see.”  Kora starts to lead the way to the kingdom, Rev pulls her gun out and I follow behind. I see all of the house are in a circle around a big castle. Almost as if the castle is the sun and all the house are like planets.  As we walk through the city I see the houses. They are nothing like ours, they have carvings in the sides of them. Carvings of 3 of the Five. I stop and run my hands over the stone walls. “What is it?” Rev asks. “Look its Charles, West, and Lilly.”  Rev walks over to the house and looks at it. “Kora where are you?” Kora walks over and looks at the carvings. “I’m assuming they killed me.” I look at Kora. “Why would you say that?” I ask, then a loud dinging starts coming from the castle. “Come, you will see. We need to follow all the people coming out of their houses to go into the castle.”  We start to follow them as they all walk to the center.

                “Welcome my people, it is time for you to say thanks. For us.” West says as he welcomes the people to the center. I only see the three of them. “Why are they still young?” Rev asks Kora. “We don’t age like normal people any more. We think it’s all the time jumping but we aren’t sure.” The people are on their knees chanting to them. I don’t understand. How can this be? They are putting gifts at the end on the stage they are on. Charles and West are in some kind of fancy armor and Lily in some kind of dress. The people are in burlap sacks practically.  I walk away from the… not even sure what to call this. Rev is walking into the people’s homes. “Hey look what I found!” Rev says waving me down. I walk over to her. She has a book in her hand. “What is it?” She is reading through it. “It’s a history book. Yup… Kora was right, they killed her and Erick. It says here they are immortal after killing Kora and Erick.” I look around and see Kora circling one of the houses. I walk over to her. “They did kill you. Rev found a history book.” She is running her fingers over the stone. “I figured they did. I would never agree to this, coming from the hell I was born into. This was never my intention for the future… to enslave people.” Kora won’t stop looking at the carvings. “Wow, they rewrote history completely. They don’t even talk about the time machine. They say they bent the will of those who oppose them. WOW! Talk about a huge ego on these guys.” Rev says as she continues to read. Kora looks at me, “They kept the people uneducated and with the lack of knowledge they enslaved them. To boost their own ego. Now do you see why I had to risk everything to have you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment