Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 37

                        “No that world I came from will never be. Why do you think I had you listen to the story? You can stop all of it.” What she is asking is a lot for just me. “I could barely even make it here to you. Why do you think I can change anything in a world where people don’t care?” she walks over to me. “Because you are my daughter and Rev will be by your side. I will give you a road map on how to change things. But first you have to get all the orbs so no one will try to stop you or change things on us.” I am not sure how she wants me to get these orbs. “Will they just give me the orbs?” She shakes her head. “Sadly no but Erick will he is sick of this life. He never wanted this either.” That must be why Erick told me his story. He knew that I was going to need his orb. But how do I get it? Will I need to go back to him? “So is that where I start with Erick?” Kora’s eyes light up. “Yes, Erick is the best way to start. There are just a few little things. You will need his blood to connect the orb to mine. The orbs only work for the ones they are programed to. But once you connect them to mine they will work for you.”  How do these orb work? They need to be connected? Great more things I didn’t know. “Why do I need to connect them?” Seems like a fair enough question. “You have to have all 5 to get to the day when the machine was built. But you are going to have to do this right. After getting each orb just come back to me. I will help you with everything and with which orb to get next. Just be sure you follow the list.”  I nod yes. “I can take Rev with me right?”  She nods yes.


                “There is something about Rev you should know.” Kora says to me as I turn to go get her for our adventure. “What is it?” I turn back around to look at Kora. “Has she told you her story? Of her nun mother and her adoption?” I am not sure why Kora is asking me. “Yes she told me how she was left on a city bus. The nun took her in and adopted her. Why?” Her eyes get really fixed on me. “Well that’s not the whole story.” How does she know that? “Okay well what is the whole story? I mean Rev isn’t the most forth coming person.” Kora’s body language has changed and I am not sure why. “As a thank you for helping me I was going to tell Rev who her parents really were. So I went back to the past. That’s when I found out I had known who her parents were all along.” She knows who Rev parents are. I wonder why she is telling me and not Rev. “Okay well I’ll go get her and you can tell her. I am sure she would like to know.” I start to turn away to go find Rev, Kora grabs me. “I don’t know her like you do. I am not sure how she will take the news. So I am going to tell you and you can decide how to tell her.” I don’t think I want to know whatever it is she is trying to tell me.  “If it is going to hurt her I don’t want to know!”  Kora’s face somehow gets sharper. Her already protonate cheek bone seem to be razor sharp now. “She wasn’t abandon like she thinks. This is pretty common knowledge in my time. But in her time it’s still a secret. The country she is from well they started testing on embryos. Trying to make a smarter more durable future. However most of the babies born during the experiment couldn’t survive the kind of mutation they were doing to the embryos. Only three that were born have been known to have lived. Well two were twins who were raised by the government and the other one was lost in a horrible fire.” I don’t understand the government didn’t raise Rev, unless that’s the big deal she didn’t know. “So the nun worked for the government?”  Kora shakes her head no. “Rev was the baby lost in the fire. I think someone started the fire so that they could take Rev out. But Rev has an older siblings who were raised by the government. The two babies that survived came from the same surrogate. That’s why Rev heals so fast. It’s why she never really gets hurt. Her DNA is different.  Their research changed the way some countries produced children in the future. Like West’s country, he is much more than just a scientist. He is genetically more aggressive than the rest of us. When you get his orb you will need Rev.” I am so not sure exactly what all of this means.  But I did hear the part about siblings Rev doesn’t know about. I wonder what they have done to them, from what Rev told me about what her own government did to her when they thought that she told their secrets. I am not sure how to tell Rev this. Why is Kora leaving such a thing up to me?  “Why am I the one who has to decide to tell her? Why not you?” she sighs. “It should come from someone she trusts. I am not sure how hard this is going to be for her.” I walk outside and Rev sees me right away. “So what’s the plan?”  I shrug. “We need to get back to Erick in my time.” Then come back to Kora to figure out who is next on the list.” She stops walking. “Wait what exactly are we doing?” I show her the orb. “We are collecting the other 4.” Her face changes “Oh, this is going to be war. Who is first?” I look at her “Erick is the first one on the list.”

No comments:

Post a Comment