Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 38

 I hold out the orb and picture Erick. His image appears and I feel the pulling feeling so I pull back. “Are you ready?” I ask Rev “I mean out of all of them I feel this one is going to be most boring.”  Rev says as she walks through.  I follow behind her grabbing the orb. We walk right into Erick’s office.  He’s at his desk reading. He looks up at me and Rev. “It is time to give up my orb, I am assuming.”  He takes his glasses off and rubs his eyes. “Yes it is.” He pulls out his orb and puts it on the desk. “So that’s it, you’re just going to give it up. Just like that?” Rev asks him. “Yes, this was never what I intended like I had told you before. If the future is really as horrible as Kora says, this might be the only way.” I look at Rev. The look on her face, she looks almost confused. “You didn’t see the future for yourself?” He stands up and looks at Rev. Erick puts his glasses back on. “No I haven’t seen the future. You see, there is a lock on the orb only Charles’ blood could unlock it. Kora stole some to unlock her orb.” He picks up the orb and hands it to Rev. She looks down at it. “So I can’t work this thing?” She says as the orb sits in her hand a useless piece of glass. “No you can’t, but Ava can. She just can’t unlock the things I have locked with my blood. That is why you are here talking to me instead of just taking the orb. You need my blood to link the orbs.” Rev shakes the orb in her hand and laughs to herself. “What is so funny?”  She looks up at me. “Trust me, even if I explained you wouldn’t get it.” I shake my head and I look back at Erick. “Okay so how do we do this?” 
Erick has me put his Kora orb in my hands, it lights up and Erick has it in his hands. “I am just unlocking it. Don’t think about anything Ava, keep your mind clear.” How did he know I was thinking about my mother? I look down at the orb and there is my mom’s face. That is probably how he knew. I look at Erick’s orb to see a face. I think it’s his wife’s face. I look at him. “They can be for much more than just time machines. I see the pain in his eyes. The same that I saw in Kora’s the day she gave me up. “Are you sure about this?” He nods. “Anything is better than this. I should’ve passed on instead of kept on living. Without her it is all endless time. I would rather live in a world that she died in, then a world that she never came to be. It’s hard to miss someone who was never born.” I see the tear fall from his eye, onto his cheek. He cuts his hand, as I connect the orbs together, and they begin melding together. He steps back and all of the sudden the orb sends a shock through my body. 
“Ava are you okay?” I hear far away. But when I open my eyes, I see the girl in the orb. I am holding her. I don’t understand time, it just starts moving fast. She is pregnant and I am singing to her tummy as I see a little girl born. I get this over whelming feeling of joy and accomplishment. Watching this little girl take her first steps and her first words, “DAD.” She says that while running toward me after what feels like a long day at work. Her warm embrace. She was so cute with her long black hair straight as a pen. She has the cutest little button nose. She makes me carry her around everywhere I go.  I don’t ever want her to let her go. Time is moving fast again and what feels like the love of my life. She is pregnant again. I can feel the excitement. I see the second baby being born. It’s another girl, I hold the tiny baby girl in my arms. Again my heart over flows with a love I can’t explain. I start to watch her grow as well. Her first steps and her first words. They were both perfect in my eyes.  The phone rings and it’s my boss telling me to come in. I go to see the bombs go off. The feeling of loss and emptiness overcome me. 

I open my eyes to see Rev standing over me. “Are you okay?” she asks. I feel like crying. I look up at Erick. “Did you know that was going to happen?” He shakes his head no.  “I know that the orbs can do much more than just time travel. They store memories and can pass them. Which is what you just experienced, but I have never seen it happen just like that. It must be because you are reconnecting the orbs. What did you see?” I sit up.  “I saw your life. I felt your life… the joys and the pains.” I get up and hug him. I feel for him, now knowing what he went through. Just all of it. I look at Rev who is holding both the orbs. The orbs combined are slightly bigger but not much. “Will this happen when I keep connecting the orbs? Will I feel everyone’s pain and memories?” Erick shrugs. “I don’t know if everyone put their memories in their orbs. They might not have, but it is a possibility.”

No comments:

Post a Comment