Sunday, June 25, 2017

Poems: Brown eyes filled with hope.

Ghost of loves past i hear you call me through the night.
I hear the cracks in my heart they so carelessly left.
I use to hear them every day. 
Not all left from lovers but from the betrayals of those i once trusted.
But some how in a kiss......
I heard his laugh. 
The laugh that spooked away all my ghosts.
A kiss that stopped my demons in their tracks. 
The warmth from his untainted heart that is bright even in the dark.
But nothing silences the cracks and scares me more
Then the look he gives me every night. 
The look of hope and caring.
The fear it leaves me is over whelming.
The fear that he might see the true evil in me.
The me i wish never came to be.
But sadly is just as much me as the girl who holds him through the night.
Maybe for him i can try to be the best me.
But with my luck i never win....

1 comment: