Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 42

                I am thinking of the best way to answer to her question without lying. I hear another boom.  She must’ve blown up the room. If she hurt my dad! I look down the hall way and I see Rev and him running toward me. Rev must’ve my made the bomb to get her and my dad out. To see my dad again even as an old man. “I would stop right there if I was you Rev.” Lily says over the speakers. I start waving my hands at her. Rev stops running and grabs my dad. “Why don’t you come out and face me?!”  Rev yells back. “Rev is that you?!” Its James’ voice over the speaker. Rev grunts. “Come out here and face me!!! Don’t you dare use him!”  Rev screams out. Everything is starting to get less sharp.  I feel my legs giving out. I use the orb to pull Rev and my dad to me. “Sweetheart your bleeding bad.” My dad says. I send all of us back to Kora.  I see Kora before I feel my legs finally give out.
                I wake up to Rev asleep next to me. I look down and my cut has almost healed. I get up and try not to wake Rev and walk out to see Kora. “How long was I out for?” She hands me a glass of water. “5 days. Give or take a few hours. That’s how the healing serum works. You sleep until you’re healed. You know, she never left your side.” She must mean Rev. “Really?” Kora starts to walk outside. I follow her and look up at the night sky. “It’s like she didn’t trust us to take care of you.” That sounds like Rev. We didn’t get the orb. Not to mention where is my dad. “My dad?” I look at Kora.  “He is safe with your mother. If you would like to go see them, you can.” I’m overwhelmed with excitement to go see them. I want to run over there right away, but I can’t seem to move my feet. “I’m shocked you’re not taking off to see them.” Kora says to me. “I killed a man.”  I look at Kora to see her face. “We have all killed a man or two. As long as you don’t unnecessarily take a life. Then you’re doing alright.” How could she say that? How is it so easy for her and Rev? 
                I start walking back to the room I woke up in. I see Rev is already awake. “How are you feeling?” Rev asks me. “I am feeling really good, it seems that I am almost completely healed. Thank you for not leaving my side.” Rev shrugs. “How are we going to save James? We just left without him.” She’s right, but it’s not only James we left… we never got a chance to grab the orb. “We need a plan. One that will get us James and the orb.” She gets out of bed. “How can we get both? I mean we would need a something incredibly well thought out.” Rev gets out a piece of paper. I wonder what she could be planning. She is writing very fast on the paper, so she must be on to something. “Well I got nothing... I say we just save James, kill her, and take the orb from her dead body.”  But how… I need Kora. I walk out of the room to go find Kora. I can always see my parents later. I don’t want James to suffer any more then he already has. Kora is sitting at the table with the orb, like she was waiting for us.

                “Are you ready?” She asks us. “Ready for what?” I ask her. “To go get Lily’s orb.” She says it like it is so easy. Like we can just walk up to her and ask for the orb. Lily knew we might come and planned for us, so I know Lily will be ready. “I’m sorry did I miss the plan? Because you’re asking if we are ready like there was a plan told to me.  Because I know I didn’t hear a plan. Did you Ava?” Rev has a tone that I don’t really understand. She knows I didn’t hear any plan, she has been right behind me this whole time.  I just look at her, she’s right about needing to know what the plan is. Then I look at Kora. “We are going to have to know what the plan is.” I tell Kora. “You are going to go back to the second you left. She will never know you are healed.” I nod at Kora. “We are going to need more weapons for that.”  Rev says as she walks away. “Are you ready to face Lily?” Kora asks me. “No I’m not, but we can’t just leave James there. We also need the orb.” I tell Kora. Something about all of this doesn’t seem right... Lily was way too prepared. How do we know she won’t realize we’ve time jumped? I guess we just have to go and find out. Rev walks up to the table with more metal balls and guns. She is loading all the guns. “Oh if she thinks for a second that I am not going to get her… well she is in for a huge surprise.”  Rev throws all of it into her back pack. Kora smiles as she lights up the orb.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I shall.

    Dunno if you saw this before...
    yet, here it is once moe, curly:

    Greetings, earthling! Need summore new-fangled-thots N ideers? Look no firdr, brudda. Can't stay long. Done gotta git, Paw... yet, if Im a sower, we plant the Seed; if Im an artist, we RITE the Word:

    Would U please help a plethora of King Size, wildchild, rawkuss poetry/wordz which are lookin 4 a home in thy novelty?? Thx. Whew. They're pretty insane. They're bereft of reason. Oi! Blimey! They're bloody PINK spiders!

    Gotta gobba lotta shrewd, surreal, supersonic, sardonic satires, sassy N savvy elixers N electronic elegance (and palpable nuance) on our YOUTHwitheTRUTH blogs. Wannum? Have'm. N'joym. Gettm outta my hair!!!

    How mucha wanna betcha our sugar-high-mojo, pleasure-beyond-measure, fuse-blowin-exploits R a copious madhouse of one lavish bookay D.O.A.? Our proFUSE NRGod who leads U.S. to explosive fairy-tales in the 'one-stop-shop' symphony Upstairs? God's the BigDude, the Owner of ElysianFields, the Grand Prize, the Austere Overdrive, NoPurchaseNecessary: our bombastic tenaCITY on a Hill which'll plant the Seeds 4u2 grow-up to new N greater heights!! Mama mia! Thatsa good pasta!!

    CAUTION: our 22ish, avant-guard, accurately-atrocious, offa-the-reservation-like-Jimmy-Hoffa, metal breadcrumms R sooo out-of-order, toots, they're an intimate wealth of bottomless sophistication. And dats da lethal fak, Jak. Go ahead. Sue me. Yawn. But, yet, here's the perennial KOO D'TAH: who else has actually SEEN the Great Beyond in spirit & lived to tella youse bout the bionic, bloated, brevity-like-earth we're living on?? Yes, earthling, Im an NDE, almost salivating4salvation. So gain altitude, never attitude: death has no intrinsick favorites.

    If Mr. abSUREditty's an ultra-great-reward, and not everyone enters, Q: why is it an excruciating deluge of epic-.357-caliber where the quality's a limitless bulldozer plowin, pushin-your-power-cord with eternal goodies? A: the Prize-A+-TheEnd just gives U.S. moe-curley-graphix 2 VitSee: an explosion-of-extravagance which few R asking 4 anymore! Grrr. They're too concerned withe grotesque sanity of ambivilant piss-ants which swiftly crawl like lemmings to their scorecard destruction. C'est la guerre.

    THANK GAWWWD!!! the Don has the ebullient BAWLS!!! to do the Manifest Destiny!!! To lead U.S. forward to the White House Upstairs with his SQUARES!!!

    So, break-free, earthling; be like a contraversial outgrowth of incredibly-intoxicating-effusiveness in your zeitgeist to give the ultimate, stunning, backknuckle potency: Wiseabove. Wanna join this useFULL idiot Upstairs 4 the most zany, kooky, X-acto-knife antidotes? Extremely exquisite, explicit endorphins in abundance? Puh-lenty of pulverizingly-tantalizing psychopathic psychosomatics with eXtras? i2i-kick-velocity's-ass-ultra-maximum-rocket-fuel-party-hardy at my pad ya ever encountered without d'New Joisey accent 4 an eternal slew of precarious, magnanimous & primeval absurdities indelibly etched in the granite corridors of eternity with a total-barrage-of-melt-in-thy-mouth 'depth-of-undenial'???

    Make Your Choice  -SAW
    ...cuzz nobody gitts outta here alive, earthling.

    ReplyDelete