Monday, June 26, 2017

Random Short Story: Media Machine

   They fear the faith in me. I am not sure why me knowing exactly who i am fears them. I suppose it is because they are all just lost souls. But if they aren't care he will take them in the night. He shows know mercy to those who will not fight. I am happy i know who i am he will never come for me. I am not sure when he started taking lives. I just know every one fears him even if they don't know it. Lets start on the day he took my sister. Maybe then you will understand exactly where i am. 
    It was a day like any other i got up and through my pants on. Grab a tee shirt out of my closet and ran down stairs to get some food before my day begins. My mother as usual asking me about why i hide my shapely figure behind boy clothes. I always wonder who decided which clothes are for who? Why do boys get to wear comfy closes and girl have to have clothes that are skin tight? It was probably some one who never knew what it was to try and climb a fence in a dress. Oh well she will never catch me dead in those clothes. This is my time to run and jump maybe one day when i'm older i will see things her way. But most likely i will still stay the same until the day i die. I am happy just the way i am. My sister on the other hand. She was the pretty girl in whole city but i know she didn't see it that way. She often listen to what everyone else said. She listen to the TV and the videos online. She did her hair just like all the celebrities and her make up was always prefect. How ever in her head it wasn't good enough. That must of been how she attracted him. I heard whispers about him. A figure selling the impossible dream, making promises he knew he could not keep. I was not there that night. but this was the day my sister lost her life. Some are luckier then her they just come out different. They become deformed figures of people they once where. Some like their new found deformity while other might never be happy. 
   I still remember coming home to see the cops in-front of my house. I thought my mom called them because i was a little late home that day. Well 4 hours late to be exact. I ran up with the waving my hand in the air at my mom.  She ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I told her i was fine. She didn't have to worry i was out roam exploring the world. I was not lost of hurt. But she seem to only cry harder. My dad who most days didn't look at me, looked me right in the eye. I will never forget what he said. "Your sister passed away. It seems she skipped school and went to get a boob job. She lied about her age and a few other things. Their were compilations and she died." The most beautiful girl in all the world let him get her. She gave in to the lies the TV told her. I could bare to see my parents face and i pushed my mom away.  i ran as hard and as fast as i can. I didn't get far before the pain set in. I thought of all the time i teased her for stuffing her bra. I regret all the time i let her paint her face instead of telling her how pretty she was. I regret not staying home to sit with her and make sure she was okay. I looked around that when i seen it. The billboard, benches and all over the place. This fake image she thought she had to be. That how he got in. Through her phone at night. Creeping feeding on the insecure the media had given her. If by the end of my tail you cant relate to her i am happy for you and if you don't know the figure i speak of your one of the lucky. But if you lay there late at night wish when you woke and looked in the mirror you saw a different sight. He is coming for you. he will make  promise he can't keep. I have warned you but i cant watch you back when i'm asleep. 

1 comment:

  1. So true. If only we could be happy in our own skin and not believe we need to look like the celebrities, reality tv people or models, who have had the work done and many times pass it off as "natural beauty"!

    ReplyDelete