Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 41

                I have no words for what just happened. I knew he was going to kill Rev. I climb down from the tree. “Key card!” Rev yells at me. More wellness checkers are running our way. I throw it to her and she opens the door. I run in and she locks it behind us and break the key pad. “Let’s find James.”  I nod as we start to look around the house. This house is big like a museum. It most likely is a museum when the Five aren’t staying here. Managers start walking down the hall way. Rev starts shooting them down one by one. “REV STOP!” a woman yells. “Give me James and I won’t have to kill your whole team.” The look on Rev’s face says she is going to kill everyone in here if they don’t give her what she wants. “You can have James and leave. But you must leave here. Whatever reason you have resurfaced, forget it.” She waves a key card at us. I know we can’t just leave. I hear the managers moving in behind us. I see the look on Rev’s face and even I’m not sure what she is going to do. “Do you know what I think?” Rev says. The lady steps toward us on the stair case. “No I don………” Rev shoots her right between the eyes. Before the lady even had the chance to finish her sentence. Rev turns back to the managers who all look horrified. “If you don’t leave now, I will blow this whole place up.” She smiles as she pulls a metal ball out of her jacket pocket.
                 Everyone has cleared out. “Grab the key card.” Rev tells me as she makes sure everyone has gone. I try not to look at her dead body on the floor. She seems to have dropped the key card, so I don’t have to get to close to her. I pick up the key card and run it down to Rev. She looks at the card. “How the are we supposed to find him with this?”  I look at the black card with no marks on it. There is no way to figure out what room he is in. “Just show me to a screen. I’ll be able to find him.” I tell Rev. She starts looking around. “Okay, let’s find one then. Come on.” We start wondering down the hallways looking for a screen. There has to be a control room somewhere.  We continue to look around. “James!” Rev starts yelling. Rev stays quiet for a second after yelling but there is no answer. I see a screen at the end of a hallway. “Look!” I tell Rev. I try to access all the rooms from the screens. Looking for any movement, but I don’t see anything. I start to feel like James isn’t really here. I think they somehow tricked us. I look over at Rev and I see the same fear in her eyes.  I am scanning the rooms as fast as I can. “Stop!” Rev tells me. I stop and see something covered in what looks like a sheet. Hard to tell what is under the sheet. “What room is that?” I am trying to make the sheet bigger to see better what it might be. “Room A24 but Rev I don’t know if it’s him.” She sticks her hand out. “You keep looking. Ill check it out to make sure.”  I hand her the key card and she starts to head to A24. I am looking at the screens to make sure no one else is here and to watch over Rev. I watch as Rev gets to the room. I can feel her hope through the screen. 

                She gets up to the sheet. She pulls it off and there is someone under it, but it’s not James. I just start running to the room. That’s when I hear laughing over the speakers. I stop running for a second. “Did you think you could come to my house and take what you want?” I look around. I know this voice… but from where? I close my eyes to take a second to think. It comes to me. I remember the voice from a video they made us watch in school. Its Lily! She is the voice. I need to get to Rev. I keep running to the room. I need to get there. I need to see him. “Stop running Ava.  If you don’t, I will blow them up.” I keep running. I hear the boom. I feel myself fly back. I hit something. I can feel it. “I told you to stop running. That was a warning blow Ava.” Lily blew up the hallway. I look down and see a piece of wood in my side.  I am starting to bleed. I need to get to Rev, but I feel so weak. I must fight it. I need to get to them. How did they get him here? There are so many things running through my mind. I need to get up. I start to get up. “Ava, I am not kidding. If you make it to that room I will blow them up.” I stop moving. “What do you want me to do?” I hear her laugh again. “That’s much better. I want you to tell me why you two are here? And where you have been for the past 40 years.”  I wonder if she looks at time the same way as Kora does. “I’m sorry or should I say why did you jump 40 years?” Okay how did she do that? I feel like she is reading my mind. I just want to save him and find James. How am I going to get Lily’s orb without her knowing why we are here? 

No comments:

Post a Comment