Monday, March 12, 2018

Poems: The lie in my ear.

The lie screams in my ears day and night.
Telling i can't and i wont.
It is in my own voice how am i suppose to ignore?
How am i suppose to endure?
I lay in my bed with no desire for anything more.
The days are endless with no attempt to even remember the days useless events.
Nothing holding me up or holding me here.
I fear that this depression might win.
I know that it is a lie in my ear,
but it doesn't stop me from letting it in.
Some how i still mange to not give up.
I still go to work every day and do my best,
With a big bright smile i truly hide.
For nothing in this life is wrong enough for me to die.
That is the trick to this malevolent beast.
It doesn't just attack when things are bad,
the lie can change even the brightest of lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment