Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Series Wednesday : Timetopia Page 77

     Kara and Kora are standing in their electrical cage. Kora is sitting on the floor with her arms wrapped around her knees. "So this is your big plan. To lock us away while you get your dad out?" I look at Kara. "Unlike you I don't have some giant plan. I am just trying to protect him from you." I respond. "Not bad I didn't see this coming that's for sure. So what are you going to do now?" Kara says as she stands back from the ends of the cage. "We are going to kill you, is that not obvious?" Rev says as she steps toward the cage. Kara starts to laugh. "Come and get it, I dare you. You can't kill me little girl."  Rev seems enraged by Kara comment. “Then you don’t know me very well.” Rev responds. “Sweet child I know everything about you. I am the one who researched you. I am the one who found your hole and pulled you out.” Kara says as she walks over to the bars of the cage. She starts to hold onto the bars of the cage, she doesn't break eye contact with Rev but you can see the electricity running through her body.  She holds on as long as she can before she passed out. "Is she dead?" I ask Rev. "She might be her crazy ass probably stopped her own heart." Rev says so calmly. Kora starts screaming. "NO... Kara Please wake up." She starts to pump her chest. I have never seen anyone react this way before. Although before Rev got here I never really seen death. "You can’t let her die! She has bombs in place!" Kora screams at us. "WHAT?" I ask. "We didn't kill her, the psycho killed herself!" Rev yells back at Kora. "It doesn’t matter. She has bombs all around this house!" Kora says frantically. "Ava Check if that's true with your Orb." Rev says as she pulled a remote out of her pocket. I pulled out my Orb to scan for bombs. My Orb shows me there is a total of 50 bombs with in a 10 mile radius. "She isn't lying."  I tell Rev. "Fine give me the Orb and I’ll let you in to help her." I hand the Orb to Rev. "This way they can't make you use the Orb, since I can't use it this seem like the best idea. Grab my backpack I have a shot in there full of adrenaline. Just stab her in the heart. Okay?" Rev says things like they are not a big deal but I feel like stabbing someone in the heart is a huge deal. I just nod yes and grab the shot from her backpack. Rev pushes a button on her remote and the electricity goes out on the cage. I am able to slide through the bars to Kara and Kora. "Stand back," I tell Kora who is crying like crazy. I stab Kara in the chest with the shot and she takes a breath. "Finally" She says and I feel something smack my head hard.
                I open my eyes to see my baby Kora sleeping in front of me. I reach over to hug her before I close my eyes again. I open them to see Kora laughing. We are playing on a playground on top of a building. I see men coming up to us. "Kora and Kara you are now owned by the state and have to come with us." I feel fear but I know it is my job to protect Kora. "Run Kora!" I yell at her. She hops off the playground and run toward the end of the building, I am fast behind her. "Kara I am scared!" She screams as she stands at the edge. "Jump Kora!" I yell as I grab her hand and we jump across the building. We run as far and as fast as we can but the men were waiting for us at the end of the ladder. They grab us and tell us not to fight. I knew this meant we would never see any of our family again. I somehow knew this meant at the age of 5 we are on our own. The men stuck us in cages but at least we are next to each other. I go to sleep on the cold floor. I open my eye and I am now in my own room with a bed. Kora and I get ready for class. She got to many answers wrong on her test again. "I swear I put the right answers someone changed them." Kora tells me in tears knowing that if she kept getting wrong answers she would be sent with the men to earn her keep. I stay in class after the next test and look at her answer sheet. She has all the right answers but somehow the next day in class her answers were changed. I look up to see our teacher licking his thin lips at her. I know what’s happening he is trying to buy her. What do I do I am only 11 years old. I know a ways out of my room that I haven't tried. I take some foil from the kitchen when I am on dinner shift. I wrap a fork I stole in foil and shove it in my doors lock, it shocks me. So when it’s time for them to lock us in at night my door looked like it locked but didn't. I open my door and no alarm. I walk out of my room and slide close to the walls so the cameras won't see me. I make it all the way to the teachers sleeping rooms. I see girls who use to be in our class naked and ties up to the walls. This is what I don't want to happen to Kora. I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I got here and being here now seeing them. I know that I have to kill him. I slowly open the door and walk into the open area and the girls on the wall see me. I put my finger over my lips for them to be quiet. They just stand there and cry. One screams at me "Behind you!" I have a fork in my hand but I see a knife on the table next to me. The guard tries to grab me but I slip through his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment