Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 80

      I look at everyone on the floor. I can feel my nose bleeding and I can hear Kara laughing. “Oh little girl, foolish little girl. You think after everything you have learned about the truth, really you think you know anything about the Orbs or us for that matter? Let me tell you, you really don’t.” She is laughing as she gets up and dusts herself off. “Ava are you okay?” I start to stand up and nod to Rev to let her know I am okay. “What don’t I know?” I yell at Kara. “Using the Orb’s full potential will kill you. You are not as modified as we are. There is a big part of the story that no one knows, the reason that they travel from year to year.”  Kara stops and her Orb goes to her hand. I close my eyes and focus on trying to knock her over again. Another pulse comes out of my Orb but I feel even weaker. “Ava stop!” Kora yells as she gets knocked over. I look back to see Rev on the floor as well. “You see there is a huge part of the story that the Five left out and you know what, I think its story time.” Kara yells from the ground. “You see the Orbs were not just linked to use by DNA they also feed off our energy to work. We knew when we made them that no one who was not a part of the world we left behind would not be able to handle it. Let me give you a little history lesson. You know how all of our countries were bombed and we were all sent to encampments, that is where we were put into the team that made the time machine. But what no one knows is it took us 77 years to make it. They didn’t just have us working for them. They tested on us as well. They made us stop aging, well aging the way you do. We also regenerate much faster than you. So just keep fighting me, go ahead I dare you! I will just out wait you. You will die powering it, unlike mine. I put a piece of mine in me and let’s just say as I power it, it powers me.” I can’t win, I think this is the moment I realized it.

                Rev is back on her feet behind me. I can’t keep the pulses coming or I will die. I look back at Rev hoping she will give me a sign of what to do. “Stop pulsing.” Rev shouts. “How else am I supposed to keep her down?” I ask. “I got this.” Rev says as she starts shooting. She shoots Kara right in the shoulder. Kara laughs as she throws a pulse out of her Orb at us. “This has been fun but I have grown tired of you.” I am not sure which one of us she is talking to. Kara just disappears in front of us. I try to get on my feet but I feel too weak to stand. Kora is running over to me. “I will help you.” Kora is still here but why? Why would Kara Leave without her. “Where did she go?” I yell to Rev. “I don’t know.” Rev has her gun up. I look at Kora as she helps me up. Rev scream, I look over to her and she is getting pulled through a hole. It is so fast I almost missed it. “NO Rev!”  I scream as I try to run over to where she just was. “No Ava wait.” Kora says as she holds me back. “Please… you can’t let her hurt Rev.” I can feel the tears falling down my check as each word struggles to get out. “Ava I can’t promise you that she isn’t already dead. I can only promise to protect us.”  She loses her embrace on me to look me in the eyes before sticking her hand out. I think she wants the Orb. I don’t believe her so I hold on to the Orb tighter. I feel another pulse push me over. “You see if you were on our side, I could teach you how to use it properly. But since you want to deny your family; well not to be too old testament you will have to parish.”  Kara says as she stands in front of me. The pulse only knocked me over, Kora is still standing. This is what she must have meant about learning to use the Orb properly. “Stop it Kara! She is my daughter!” Kora yells, she rips the Orb out of my hand. She sends a pulse out toward Kara, knocking her to the ground. “Kora don’t do this!” Kara screams. “She is my baby. I will not give her up again.” Kora screams at Kara.  “You think I would give her up! She is part of you and I am trying to protect her! Kora I have given everything in this life to reassure your safety. I even let everyone think I was the bad guy who blew up those cities because the truth is much more dangerous. I wish you could remember so you would understand.” Kara is crying as she screams at Kora. I don’t understand anything that Kara is saying and by the looks of Kora face she doesn’t either.  “You really think they didn’t know what we were creating. You think we got away??? Kora you’re smarter than that. Think about it, do you even remember the day we went back in time??” Kara yells at a confused Kora. “I don’t remember a lot of thing because you mess with my mind!” Kora screams. I stand up next to Kora. “I didn’t mess with anything I protected you. We couldn’t beat them, so I joined them.” Kara isn’t yelling anymore. Kora turn to me. “I know some day I will find you again. I know now what’s going on. I have to fix things but I can’t with you here. Find Rev and one day once I have fixed things I’ll find you.” She whispers in my ear, as I feel her open a hole behind me. She starts to push me in; I see the necklace around her neck and rip it off of her. “Not if I find you first” I yell as she shoves me through the hole. I hit something hard. I can hardly breathe there is something wrong with the air. I open my eye to see more people then I have ever seen in my life. But I can’t breathe. “AVA!” I hear from the side of me. It’s Rev with something in her hand. “Here breathe in this it will help.” She says as she sticks something in my mouth that lets out a liquid that coats my throat. I can breathe a little better now. “Your body isn’t use to the pollution. So you have what we call asthma.” Rev says as she helps me up. “Where are we?” I ask her as all of the sounds, people and lights are drowning my senses all at once. “This is Time Square, we are in New York. I got here a week ago and since they dropped me here I knew this is where you would be coming through so I have been waiting for you. There is also one more thing.” Rev looks behind her. I look and there is James. “James is here?” I ask her even though I can see him. I am a little in shock to see him here. “Yes they dropped him here 4 years ago. He was here when I came out. He has done pretty well for himself but we can talk about that later. What happened to Timetopia?” Rev asks as I look around. “I am not sure. But I grabbed Kora’s zip thing.” I showed it to Rev. “So what does this mean?” She asks me. “It means we are going to make our own Orb and get back there.” Rev smiles at me.



The end of book 1

1 comment: