Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family game night page 5

     Percy comes walking out with a shocked look on his face. He is covered in blood and just walks past me. "Percy?" I say as he walks past me. Percy doesn't even look at me he just keeps walking toward the bathroom. I get angry and walk in to the kitchen open the door to the basement/game room. I storm down the stairs ready for a fight. My mother is cleaning up. "You’re down here?" She asks me I ignore her and turn to look for my dad, that’s when I see him lying on the table still breathing with his chest cut wide open. I look at my dad. "Is he still alive?" I ask in shock looking at the little boy, he might have been a bully but no one deserves this. "Percy didn't want to kill him." My dad says slightly disappointed.  "Percy won't even speak!" I yell at my dad. "Don't take that tone with me Cahira. Don't forget who the parent here is." The little boy is wheezing from his chest being cut wide open. My parents and Grace just look at him. "Are you seriously not going to do something to help him?" I scream at them. Grace walks over to the boy and stabs the boy directly in his heart. The boy instantly stops breathing. "There better?" Graces says. "You’re all sick!" I scream as I run upstairs.  I run to Percy room to find him all washed up sitting on the edge of his bed holding his bloody clothes in his hands.  "They said this is how they deal with the emptiness."  Percy says. "Yes it is for them how they deal with themselves." Percy looks at me. "I have never felt the emptiness they are talking about." I take a breath of relief, Percy is nothing like them. How could I have ever doubted him? "Yeah I didn't either, it’s why we fight. I am nothing like them and it makes them angry."  Percy looks back at his clothes. "Mom said I have to give them to her. She is going to dispose of them."   I grab the clothes from his hands. "Yeah she has a chemical wash that even scientist envy." I hug Percy hoping it will help. "Is he dead?" Percy asks. "Yes unfortunately he is."  I respond as I let Percy go. "Cahira I should get some sleep." Percy just crawls into bed. He probably thinks this is all a bad dream. I kiss him on the head as I tuck him in. I don’t know how he will feel tomorrow.
                I wake up and instantly jump out of bed to go find Percy. I want to make sure he is okay. I walk down the hall to his room to find he is not in his bed. I walk down stair to the kitchen to find him reading a book and eating a bowl of fruit. He looks up at me and somehow he is different, I can’t explain but he just is. “Good morning Cahira.” He says with a smile. Grace walks into the kitchen and pushes right past me. “How did you sleep?” She asks Percy. “Like a rock.” Percy responds. I am at a loss for words. I am not sure if Percy thinks it was just a dream or if he understands what he saw last night. Both of my parents walk in to the kitchen hand and hand. “Now that you are all here I have some questions.” Percy announces. My mother smiles. “Go for it Percy asks away.” My mother says as she sits across from Percy. “How did you start killing?” Percy asks as he looks back and forth between both my parents. "Do you mean how did we start killing in general or how we started together?" My mother asks him. Percy sits there and thinks for a bit. "I suppose both." My mother smiles. "Would you like to start or would you like me to?" My mother asks my dad. My dad nods his head and gestures toward my mother letting her know she can go first. "Well as you are all aware I was a beauty queen, it was very cut throat." My mom starts to laugh uncontrollably. "Sorry about that back to my story. I was 14 and this girl Pearl was trying to sabotage me. She really thought she had one over on me when she put the red ants in my evening grown. She just didn't anticipate my will to win. I didn't know she was the one sabotaging my stuff at first but I caught her and her mother.  I was thrown off guard that someone could want to win so badly they would be willing to hurt someone else. So I waited until she was alone and confronted her. She pushed me and said prove it, she was very aggressive. I didn't mean to kill her it just kind of happened but the rush I got after taking her life was the most alive I had ever felt. It felt so good that I went to kill her mom that night." My mother stops talking and take a deep breath with a huge smile on her face. "That's it? You just killed a girl on accident and after that you just loved to kill?" Percy asks my mother. "No it was so much more than just accidently killing her. It was the first time in my life I felt free. My mother your grandmother had me on so many different kinds of medications for anxiety that I use to feel like I was empty and useless, I hated being a beauty queen but I couldn’t stand losing. I was much too strong for that so I continued to win. Killing was the first thing to calm my nerves and make me feel whole.” My mother stops speaking and just looks at Percy for a second. “What about you dad?” Percy asks as he looked over to my dad. “Let me get a glass of water, I have never told this story before and I am not sure how it will sound out loud.” My dad says as he walks to the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yikes! Great family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't see that coming. I can't wait for next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete