Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game night Page 7

     "Grace who was your first kill?” Grace instantly smiles as she turn away from me and turns toward Percy. “My first kill was a teacher believe it or not? He was my math teacher Mr. Richardson. He was a horrible man who gave me a B when I clearly deserved an A. So mom and dad lined him up as my first kill. I couldn’t get a B that was just unacceptable. So I strung him up and bleed him out for 2 days.” Grace looked so happy talking about it. “Two days?” Percy asks “We didn’t want to let her? However we had no choice Grace can be very persuasive.” My mom says proudly as she walks over and hugs my sister. “You both disgust me.” I couldn’t help but say. Percy and my dad just looked at me. “Jealous of our closeness?” my mom replies to me in a snippy way. “No one would be jealous of anyone who is close to you ice queen.” I say as I take a step back but try to pretend I am not afraid of getting slapped in the face. My mother steps toward me but my dad stops her by grabbing her arm. “You are losing your patience, I don’t care for it.” My dad says to my mother. She instantly calms down. “How did you guys meet? I mean is the story you told us as kids true?” Percy asks. My parents told us that they met on a blind date and instantly fell in love. “Yes we met on a blind date although we did leave out some details. You know like we were both just your common serial killers until we became a power couple.”  My mother says as she looks into my dad’s eyes before kissing him. I can’t help but want to throw something at them.  "Serial killers???" Percy asks. "That's a story for another time. I think we shared enough for one day. How do you feel about it Percy?" My dad asks as my mom and his eyes lock in on Percy. "I am still processing." Percy said as he starts to get up. He smiles and starts to head up stairs. "Processing is good."  My mother says as she looks at my dad. I can't help but roll my eyes at them.

                I am laying in my bed sketching out some modifications I want to do to my motorcycle, the sun light from my bay window makes this time of day perfect for this. It's been a few days since Percy found out about our family being serial killers, he hasn't spoken much to any of us and I am worried about him. I hear a knock at my door, I look up and there is Percy so I put my sketch book down. "Can we talk?" Percy asks me.  "Sure thing, come on in." Percy walks in and closes the door behind him. He lies on my bed looking at the ceiling. "Did you ever kill anyone?"  Percy asks. "With them like that no I replied.  However; when I was little before the coma I did. The whole incident was considered an accident but I remember it very differently."  Percy's head turns toward me very quickly. "The kid who broke his neck falling out of the tree house?" Percy asks "Yup. I remember it clearly but it was like it was someone else’s memories." I explain. "Tell me the whole story."  I knew one day I would have to tell Percy about what happened but I never thought I would be this chocked up for words. "Well you see there was a neighborhood boy who used to like to touch the other children. He was older than me and Grace, mom and dad never really let him play in our yard but one day he invited Grace to play with him. Grace refused and when she did he tried to drag her into his yard.  So I invited him to play in the tree house. He let Grace go and followed me all the way up to the top. I hugged him and kissed him on the check he didn’t even feel me put the rope around his throat , when I kicked his legs out from under him he slide right off the top of the tree house and hung there for a little bit. But when I realized that the rope would leave marks around his throat I untied the rope from the tree after swinging him a bit. He hit the ground and I heard the snap.  I climb down from the tree house and untied the rope from his neck and went for a snack. It was dad who saw his dead body in the back yard. When dad asked me what had happened I told him that he crossed Grace so I killed him. Dad told me to say I was playing in the front with Grace all day if anyone asked. He called the cops and told them he broke into our yard and must have fallen. The cops bought it and we never really spoken of it again until I woke up from my coma.  I felt horrible about what I had done.  "Just thinking about that day makes me sad inside.  "Wow, I had no idea. I don't know what to say Cahira. I don't mean to be rude but what happened on your first family game night???" I look at Percy and know it is time to talk about my first experience.  "Before I tell you this story how about we get out of the house." Percy Jumps off of my bed and grab my extra helmet


No comments:

Post a Comment