Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family game night page 8

           Percy and I walk up the hill. "So are you going to tell me about your first family game night? Or are we going to have to walk another 5 miles?" Percy says jokingly. "Well you know Chance?" I ask Percy. "Yeah your boyfriend I think I know him." I am not sure how to tell Percy this. "Chance is my best friend and not really my boyfriend. I am not his type you see Chance is into guys. He even fell in love once, with this horrible guy. The guy treated Chance like crap and broke his heart. Well I told Grace about it because that was before I realized Grace is just mother’s eyes and ears." Percy stops walking. "Wait Chance is gay???" I nod yes. "Wow that explains so much about him. But why would you pretend to be his girlfriend. I get why he would pretend but you I don't get. “No one beside Grace and my mother know about Chance and they never asked me why. So I have never had to explain it out loud before. "It’s simple I come from a family of serial killers. So anyone who would want to get close to me would ask questions. Or dad and mother would try to see if anyone I date would be like them. There are just too many factors with dating an outsider that I didn't want to deal with." Percy and I sit under a tree to rest for a while. "That sounds pretty lonely to me. I am sorry Cahira." Percy is so empathetic to my feelings there is no way he is going to take their side.  "So are you going to tell me what happened on your first family game night?" Percy asks. I got so side tracked I forgot the original question. "Right where was I??? Oh yeah, so I told Grace about how much I hated him for hurting Chance. I still remember walking into the game room for the first time and seeing all the different surgical instruments and thinking that I was going to undergo surgery or something. That when they wheeled him out in front of me. I was so confused at first.  I still remember the look on Grace’s face as she handed me a hunting knife and told me to have fun. I freaked out and cut him free. I told them I didn't understand how they could do this to another human being. Dad came up behind him so fast I didn't even have a second to blink.  The wire was so thin it slice his head clean off. I was traumatized for a long time after that. I told dad that I wanted nothing to do with that part of their lives but somehow to them that meant I had nothing to do with any part of their lives. "Percy put his head on my shoulder. “Well that explains a lot of my childhood questions. Is that when mom started taking you to the brain doctor?"  Percy asks putting all the pieces together. "Yes that when she took me to the brain doctor, turns out dad, Grace and mother all share a unique quantity. Apart of their brains are more active than mine.  We think that is the part that makes them super smart and organized. Well and you know the part that makes them want to kill."  I look at Percy to see if maybe I can see what he is thinking by the look on his face.
                Percy hasn't said anything in a while. "Do you think mom will take me to get my head scanned?" Percy asks me. "Yeah if you don't want to kill she will. Is that what you're saying?" I ask him with excitement. "No I am not saying that at all. I am just asking if she would take me. Maybe then I will know how I feel." Percy seems more lost then I or Grace ever was. I never thought about him not knowing where he stood. I always thought this was black and white, but the look on Percy face is making me feel different.  "If I decide not to kill will our family treat me like they treat you?" Percy has a fear in his voice. "I don't know." I tell him. "What if I decide to kill how will you treat me?" It hurts my heart to hear him even consider their life. I take a deep breath I want to make sure what comes out of my mouth next won’t push Percy away from me. “Percy I don’t think I could ever be toward you like I am towards them.” I am not sure what else to say to him. He just looks away. “Can we start to head home?” Percy asks me. I nod yes. We get up and start to head back to my motorcycle. Percy doesn’t say anything the whole walk back to the motorcycle. “Percy I don’t want you to ever feel like I don’t love you or I won’t be there for you.” Percy grabs the helmet off the bike. “Why keep their secret if you're so against it????? OR why not stop them?” Percy asks me. “Foster care doesn’t sound like fun, plus I didn’t want to be separated from you or Grace. Even worse I don’t want Grace to spend the rest of her life in jail. I love you guys and dad.  I don’t know how I also feel about it. I don’t know if Grace and dad could be blamed for how their brain is wired. Mother on the other hand is just evil.” Percy looks at me. “I can understand where you are coming from. Thanks for telling me your side of it all. I know you, mom and dad want to know what I am thinking and feeling right now but I can’t right now. I need time to process everything.” Percy puts the helmet on and gets on the back of my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment