Monday, December 12, 2016

Poems: Hard work from yesterday

Easy way of life is what they sell us.
Work smarter not harder is what they say.
But we can't we do both?
Kids growing up without a scar now a days.

But is it better?
Never knowing the joys from hard work.
Will they always cry when things don't go their way?

A generation of winners, never knowing how to lose?
I was shown at a young age what it was to save.
Even pancakes as a toddler i worked for.
maybe not in a conventional way.

So now that I am older I hear these kids cry,
Not wanting to work but skate through life. 
I don't understand.

Thinking this world owns them.
Excuse me i say, you most currently are mistaken.
Your luck to not be in the fields.
Your luck to be able to be in school.

So please i ply stop being ungrateful.
For if your not careful things can change.
Stop looking to the people on T.V. screens for the answers.

Look back at your families past.
To the grandmas and grandpa who slaved away.
For you to have a better day.

I'm sure never did they dream for such an ungrateful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment