Friday, January 6, 2017

Poem: My mother plan for me

As the sun dimmed on my most unhappy day.
I felt as if i lost my mind in the fray.
I watch as my mother life unraveled.
Everything she thought she could count on was as good as gravel.

She thought i couldn't hear her cries at night.
Didn't want to frighten me with her own fight.
Her daemons never to far from our front door.
But some how no matter the odds my mom seemed to soar.

She has always inspired for me to chase my dream.
but unlucky for her i was more like him then i seemed.
For years she tried to push me in any direction. 
But a fight it was just for me to always be stuck at a intersection.

Until the day she found my deepest inflection.
I was a words smith much like my father.
Only mine were not to charm but to understand.
I wrote much of what i saw the good and the bad. 

For the first time in a long time she saw hope.
There was something to help me float.
I wouldn't drown in a sea of unfilled dreams.
I had a chance at a life all my own.

The hope in her eyes made me want to cry.
For I hadn't seen that look from her in such a long time.
The day my dad made her cry was the last time i thought i would see that passion in her eyes.

I always knew she loved me more then any pain he could cause,
That was until i did to her the same.
i lied and hid my life in fear she would not look at me.
But i forgot the golden rule i was and always am her kid.
So her love for me is infinite.
and i needed never to fear.

Her only dream was for me.
I was just to young, dumb and blind to see.

1 comment: