Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Series wednesday: Timetopia page 18

                James runs down the stairs to another biometric lock. There are screens in this room like in the wellness center. How did he get it all of these into his house? He turns on the screens, “What did he say?” I ask hoping he is okay. “He sent a flyer, it is for scientists only. It’s for Rev. Here, look.” He moves the screen towards me and Rev. It’s a picture of Rev, she looks so different. Maybe it’s the smile on her face in the photo that’s different. She sees the photo and is instantly angered by it.  She starts screaming. “I can’t believe this!!! That rat!!!” I look at her as she flips a table over behind us. “Rev what is it?!” She just squats to the floor and lets out a scream. “It’s Richard. He gave them that photo of me. That’s why its grainy and unclear.” James clears his throat. “Have you looked at what it says? It says to bring you back to the questions hall. It only has your first name which is strange… and that you’re dangerous and can only be handled by a manger.” I walk over to the screen to look at the notes on the bottom of the picture. It says that if you’re found, not to engage unless certain you can take her down. To take her back to a questions hall of testing. She might be carrying a virus to hurt people.  Everything on here was a lie. I keep reading. “This is crap!!! This is Richard I know it!!!” Rev is still screaming. “Who is Richard?” James asks. “He was my husband.” James’ face shifts. “Did he die?” James asks.  “No, he just ran like chicken. He is hiding here in Timetopia. He is helping them chase me.” I’m not sure if Richard is helping them or if they’re after her because of all the people she has killed since she has been here.

                “Hiding here? In Timetopia? How is that even possible?” Rev rolls her eyes at James. “It just is okay? I’m done talking about this. Ava we need to go get a car and get out of here.” I nod yes. “No, you can’t. Look, since this flyer is only for the people in this town in Timetopia, they definitely know you’re still here. But they think you are alone. If you surface now, they will be ready for you. Look at the flyer. It says managers only, which is convenient since they are the only ones that can carry guns.” He seems to have a point, and by the look on Rev’s face… I think she knows it too. “Well, what other options do we have?” Rev asks. “Stay here for a few days, get rest, eat, and maybe train her on how to use a gun. I can help prepare you two. If they are sending out flyers, they mean business.” says James. I don’t want to learn how to use a gun. But staying in one place in a bed sounds nice. I look at Rev and she is thinking about it, I can tell. “I think it’s the best I idea. We can’t get caught. We have someone waiting for us.” I wonder who she is talking about. I don’t want to ask in front of James, because I know if I do she won’t answer. I look back at the screens, they are watching people. “Can you see anyone you want?” I ask James. “Yes I can. Why?” I could see my dad again. “Can I use it to see my dad?” James smiles and moves out of the way for me to use the screens.  I start to type in codes for my dad’s house, I mean my house. My home.  I start to pull it up on the screen and there is a family in our home. They must have moved him to a single room. No wife, no child, he is like a widower. So he will be in a new place. How will I find him??? Okay think Ava. I could use his tracker, but I would need access to the questions hall. The switch happened last night. So my dad would be at work… I know exactly where he is. I pull up his work and find his office on the screen. There is my dad fast at work behind his desk. “Does this have a mic?” I ask James. “Yes, it has a mic. You can talk and look at whoever you want, but you can only do it for a little bit, it won’t trace back to here but they might figure out you’re on their server and kick you out. If that happens, we will be blind out here.” I nod yes to show that I understand what he is telling me. James and Rev walk back upstairs. I take over the screen in my dad’s office. I put words on it first telling him to close his door. He sees it instantly, walks over and closes the door so no one can see or hear into his office. “Dad.” My dad’s eyes fill with tears. “Ava, you can’t keep doing this. They will catch you this way. They moved me into the houses next to the managers. They knew that you would try to talk to me, they are just waiting.” I can hear the fear in my father’s voice. “I’m sorry dad but I needed to know you were okay. Especially after I found out what the switch festival really is. Dad they test on us.” My dad’s head goes down. “I know they do. This is why your mom got you out last year by slipping tonic into your first drink. It’s why you got so sick so fast, but we had to protect you.” Well that answers that question. “Dad who am I? Why did you have to protect me? Why am I missing my tracker?” My dad takes a deep breath in. “How far are you from your grandmas?” That doesn’t answer my questions. “I’m not sure. Why won’t anyone answer my questions?”  I hear noises on my dad’s end. “Someone is coming. Listen, who you are is my daughter and I love you. Trust no one but Rev. Now disconnect Ava!!!” I see them break down the door at his office. They are dragging him out. I disconnect before they can do it for me. My dad says to trust Rev and so did my mom. I wonder if they know who she is and where she is from. I look at the watch Charles gave me. Maybe I should tell her about it. Maybe I should need to learn how to use a gun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment